Meager Musings of Mudfish

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

New York, New York!

I went to New York City for the first time a couple weeks ago. I LOVED IT!!! It is such an amazing city. It blew away all the stereotypes. OK, I'll give you the one about the taxi drivers, but it was clean, the people were friendly, and there wasn't a mugger on each street corner (relax, I didn't see ANY muggers.) There is just so much history and culture in such a small area that I find it hard to wrap my head around it. All that being said, I would not think twice about living there.

Here are some pictures from the trip:
(click to see full size)

A View of the Empire State Building from the Top of the Rock (the observation level at the top of Rockefeller Center.)
We saw the broadway show Wicked. It was fantastic!
Though I think this would have made for an interesting afternoon, we didn't have the time to stop in.
A view of Central Park from the Top of the Rock.
Time Square from atop the tour bus.
A Jackson Pollock at the Museum of Modern Art.A Picasso at MOMA.Starry Night by Van Gough!
(Way more beautiful in person than I ever could have imagined!)
A beautiful view of the financial district from the boat tour.
Two more views of the Manhattan sky line from the boat.


During our time there, we also went up to the top of the Empire State Building, visited the Guggenheim and the American Museum of Natural History, and took tours of the city including Brooklyn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home